Working with Charities
- Bike Events have over 20 years experience organising fundraising bike
- Each year our events raise over £1.5 million for good causes
- More than 40,000 riders take part in our rides every year
- Our annual brochure enjoys a circulation of 100,000 copies
- Our website receives over 400,000 visits every year
If you’re thinking about organizing a fundraising cycle ride, why not
talk to us first? With over 20 years experience in organizing charity cycling
events, we’re the right people to talk to and are always looking for new
charities to work with. We can offer a comprehensive ride management package,
tailored to each charity’s requirements.
There are two main ways of working with Bike Events:
The Sole Charity
Costs involved with the total production of a ride are shared.
Charities recoup their investment through sponsorship raised and Bike Events
through registration fees received.
In this case, Bike Events would offer the following:
• Your charity would be acknowledged as the sole charity sponsor of
the ride. Only your charity name, your logo and charity information, as
provided by you, would appear in the Bike Events brochure, on our website
and in publicity produced in connection with the ride.
• Bike Events would, on your behalf, take care of the administration
of entries and mail out of entry packs to those registering for the ride.
Only your sponsorship form and documentation would be forwarded to riders.
We would then provide you with details of all registered participants (subject
to standard data protection considerations). We’d also field any queries
from riders about the logistics of the event and their registration status
in the run up to the ride.
• As with all our events, we’d look after all the organizational
aspects of the ride, such as establishing a suitable route, liaising with
Police, Local and Highways Authorities, and so forth.
• On the day of a ride, Bike Events provide all the signage, marshalling,
stewarding, first aid, bike-mechanic and support services needed to ensure
the safe running of an on-road cycling event. At the finish we arrange refreshments
and entertainment, as required, to help make the ride into a day to be remembered.
• And on the day, the ride is branded solely for your charity. Your
representatives can support the event by their presence, actively promoting
and raising awareness of your work.
to email us for more information about becoming a Sole Charity partner
The Partner Charity
If you’re not ready to take on a ride as sole charity partner,
you can choose to work with us as a ‘Partner Charity’- this
allows you to benefit from the sponsorship raising potential of a charity
ride without the risk or expense of becoming a sole charity sponsor.
As a partner charity, you enter a team on one of our Open Events - those
are rides where there is no single named charity sponsor – and we
• Your charity logo is featured on the Open Ride’s homepage
on the Bike Events website.
• Riders signing up for the ride can then choose to ride for your
charity – they will then receive by email a printable sponsor form
dedicated for your charity (as provided by you) along with their email registration
• Following successful registration, each rider choosing your charity
has the option to open an online giving page set up specifically for the
event by your charity (optional) along with a link to your charity website.
• Your charity receives 10 rider packs for distribution to your supporters
(either free or by resale. You then return details of those riders to Bike
Events for inclusion in our rider database.
• You are free to set a minimum sponsorship amount of your choice
for those riders only.
• You can buy extra charity places (in blocks of 5 and 10) at a special
discounted rate. (Again, you’re free to set a minimum sponsorship
amount of your choice for those riders.)
• Details of all individual riders registering for your charity are
automatically emailed to your events team (subject to standard data protection
• We’ll field any queries from riders about the logistics of
the event and their registration status in the run up to the ride.
click here to
for more information about becoming a Partner Charity